Pasta di legno e carta
Today’s Paper industry operates under specific conditions with exposure to hot temperatures, humidity, varied operating cycles, dust and corrosive atmospheres, etc.
The manufacturing process is divided into 4 main steps: raw material (wood) preparation, pulp mills, paper mills and papermaking machines.
Process equipment and technologies
Pulp mills for bleaching
A variety of chemicals are required by pulp mills for bleaching, the main bleaching agent being chlorine dioxide (ClO2).
Hydrogen and chlorine recovered from NaClO3 and ClO2 processes are combined in a Sintaclor synthesis unit to produce HCl which is reinjected in the NAClO3 process.
Waste water treatment
At present, paper production (cooking, washing, bleaching, drying, etc.) generates a large quantity of waste water that needs to be treated. Mersen provides Tantalum or Graphite or SiC heat exchangers for PAC production.
Mersen proposes electrical solutions all along the pulp & paper process in paper, cardboard and tissues factories.
- Carbon brushes that are widely used by major OEMs in the motors and generators of pulping machines, winders, rollers, driers, etc.
- Brush-holders that are designed to ensure excellent brush performance in difficult conditions
- Signal and Power Transfer Systems SPTS for transfers between static and rotating parts
- Slip ring assemblies for all types of machines
Service and maintenance
We provide maintenance and training services for customers.
- Our maintenance tools are designed and developed for optimal maintenance
- Our service experts provide on-site diagnostics and in-situ maintenance services for all rotary machines
- Our Stagelec and Extelec training programs help maintenance personnel develop their working knowledge of the machines they operate and their performance
Graphite specialties solutions
Mersen offers mechanical and sealing solutions for the pumps operating in the different stages of the process.
Electrical Power Solutions
Today’s Pulp and Paper industries are more and more concerned with the safety of workers and equipment, achieving optimal power efficiency and avoiding downtime where possible.
The protection of critical loads and asset management are also key concerns. Mersen has it all — from overcurrent protection to surge protection, cooling and interconnection solutions — meeting the needs of Pulp & Paper industry market players in power distribution or power conversion alike.
Le cartiere di oggi lavorano in condizioni particolari con esposizione ad alte temperature, umidità, cicli operativi differenziati, presenza di polvere, atmosfere corrosive, ecc.
Il processo di fabbricazione si suddivide in 4 fasi principali: preparazione della materia prima (legno), officine di lavorazione della pasta di legno, officine di lavorazione della carta, macchine per cartiere.
Mersen propone alle aziende che lavorano la polpa di legno, alle cartiere e ai manutentori e riparatori specializzati soluzioni tecniche di alta qualità tra cui: apparecchiature di processo, sistemi per il trasferimento di potenza, assistenza e manutenzione, soluzioni di tenuta, meccaniche e per l'energia elettrica.