Mersen provides iron, steel and aluminum factories with high-quality engineered solutions tailored to different conditions: temperature, hygrometry, dust, corrosive atmosphere, underloaded and overloaded machines, etc.
Metal industry equipment
We develop products, solutions and services dedicated to the proper functioning of metal industry equipment for rolling applications (cold rolling mill, hot rolling mill, plate mill, bar mill), electrolytic tinning, galvanizing and pickling lines, cranes, etc.
Mersen’s power transfer equipment is adapted to the harshest operating conditions and includes:
- Carbon brushes that are widely used by major OEMs in motors, generators and treatment lines for the metallurgy industry
- Brush-holders that are designed to ensure excellent brush performance in difficult conditions
- Collector shoes for material handling
- Slip ring assemblies for all types of machines
Service and maintenance
We provide maintenance and training services for customers.
- Our maintenance tools are designed and developed for optimal maintenance
- Our service experts provide on-site diagnostics and in-situ maintenance services for all rotary machines
- Our Stagelec and Extelec training programs help maintenance personnel develop their working knowledge of the machines they operate and their performance
Anticorrosion process equipment
Columns for coke oven gas treatment: removal of benzene, toluene and xylene (BTX) which requires scrubbing titanium columns.
For carbon steel pickling lines, Mersen supplies graphite or tantalum heat exchangers. For stainless steel pickling lines, Mersen has developed a unique PTFE impregnated graphite HE (XTH grade) that boasts an unmatched resistance to corrosion.
ELECTRICAL POWER SOLUTIONS
Metallurgy is more and more concerned with the safety of workers and equipment, achieving optimal power efficiency and avoiding downtime where possible. The protection of critical loads and asset management are also key concerns.
Our portfolio includes:
- overcurrent protection devices
- surge protection devices
- cooling solutions
- power interconnection (power distribution or power conversion).
Mersen fornisce ad acciaierie, stabilimenti siderurgici e di alluminio delle soluzioni di alta qualità tecnica elaborate in vista di varie condizioni: temperatura, igrometria, presenza di polveri, atmosfera corrosiva, macchine in condizioni di sovraccarico o sottocarico, ecc.
Sviluppiamo prodotti, soluzioni e servizi dedicati alla buona funzionalità delle attrezzature dell'industria metalmeccanica per laminatoi (laminazione a freddo, a caldo, di lastre e di barre), linee di stagnatura elettrolitica, zincatura e decapaggio e per gru: apparecchiature per il trasferimento di potenza, servizi di manutenzione e formazione, attrezzature di processo anticorrosione e soluzioni per l'energia elettrica.
Solutions and services for steel mills - schematicsDownload
236.59 KBSolutions and services for steel mills - schematics